Droid…….. Droid……. Shut up Shut up!!
Ok so we gave the Verizon Motorolla Droid a shot for a guy over here. After about 2 days he had it and wanted to get the Blackberry Tour. I am not going to go into a huge review of the Droid here because to be honest I didn’t even mess around with it too much.
Coming from my Iphone 3gs “which is awesome btw” the Droid really did nothing for me.
Complaints from the user?
1. Too Heavy
2. Touch Screen Sucked
3. Keypad was hard to type with
There were a few others but they were specific to his job duties.
Anyways I am returning the Droid and getting him a Black Berry Tour which came in the mail today and is just fine.
Ok so I needed to wipe out the Droid to factory settings.
Gotta love all the combination’s of buttons you have to press.
Here goes it!
1. Turn off the Droid. If you can’t shut it off then…. um… take out the battery.
2. Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears. It my be a bit awkward holding these buttons down so push the phone against your chest just so you don’t lose your hold.
3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get a menu to come up. I had to press them numerous times to get this to work.
4. You have now entered Recovery Mode.
5. Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select wipe data/factory reset.
That’s it! Send that puppy back to Verizon and get an Iphone hehe.