Ok can’t wait to hear the reaction to this one.
Got a crusty keyboard? There is nothing nastier then a keyboard with greasy keys, food particles stuck in it, or any other nasty things you can think of.
I remember back in my help desk days, I got a call from this lady. “My keyboard isn’t working right!!” Well… I found out the issue pretty quickly. I think it had to do with the food she ate hovering over it all day long constantly falling in the keyboard, not to mention hair and other things I could not explain.
Sorry for the rant so… if you are too cheap to go out and drop $20 on a new keyboard then there is a simple solution. Drop that puppy in the dishwasher!
I am serious. I have done this numerous times and they come out squeaky clean.
There are a few steps you need to follow below.
1. Run it in the dishwasher by itself. Quickest cycle it has!
2. If its wireless take the batteries out!!
3. If it has a cord coil it up nice so it doesn’t get caught in the spinny thingy “Tech Term Right There”
4. DO NOT RUN HEAT DRY
5. I don’t use soap, but I guess you could. “Dish Soap That Is”
6. Take it out as soon as cycle is over and dry off what you can and let air dry over night “24 hours is best”
“I assume no responsibility for broken dishwashers or keyboards hehe”
So what are you waiting for? It really works and your keyboard will be squeaky clean. Stop eating your sandwich over your keyboard right now and go run a china cycle on the old dishwasher.
If you do it, leave a comment below.
Oh and if you decide to put your laptop in the dishwasher then there is no hope for you anyway.