OK I have been searching online like crazy for the answer to this and found a lot of crazy things like resetting stuff, setting your clock ahead a year etc… If you look at a lot of those solutions you will see they were around the same time and iTunes was having some connectivity issues…
Anyways here is the solution I found for fixing the “cannot connect to itunes store” error
Turns out I set up my new iPad mini and created a new account for my boss right there on the iPad. >>>>DON’T do this. Do yourself a favor and if you do not have an iTunes account, create it from your PC or your MAC then set up your device.
I tried countless things that did not work. I logged in with my account and I could download apps, music etc… so I knew it was his info.
Cannot connect to itunes store Solution
Turns out I had to go into my iCloud Settings and add in my Credit Card CVC there. Ha! Can you believe it. Looks like there is some issue and that info does not get pulled in somehow. Don’t ask me why.. I do not know why, bugs, gremlins… who knows. All I know is as soon as I went into my iCloud settings and updated my billing info… BAM it all worked.
I hope this works for you. Please comment below if it does!!
If you are a reader of this blog then you know I write about all kinds of things and deal with all kinds of people. I have been using Nu-TEL http://www.nu-tel.com/ for almost 6 years and wanted to do a post about them since I have been really happy with their service.
In those 6 years we have been running the Avaya IP Office phone system and cannot be happier. The great thing about Nu-TEL is that IP Office is the only system they sell. You might be thinking that is a bad thing or they don’t offer different solutions. It is quite the opposite. On their part I think it was a great business decision to focus on one product and specialize in it.
Remote Avaya IP Office Support
- All Nu-TEL Techs are Avaya Certified Specialists and I cannot tell you a time when I called them and they could not give me a specific answer to solve my problem. That is the great thing. They are not scattered all over learning different systems. They are busy perfecting their skills with ip office and it shows. Now I have not had many issues over the years, but in 6 years we have had some hardware failure and just simple questions for Nu-TEl and they were always there to help either via phone or onsite. If it was a hardware issue they were out as soon as possible to replace the modules. I can say that has only happened twice in 6 years.
Thinking Outside the Box
Ralph and Ron are great guys and they always think outside the box when it comes to your systems. They won’t just throw a system in your face, they will do their research and find the best set up for your company. I cannot say better things about this company. If you are in the market for a new phone system or looking for existing Avaya IP Office remote support then give the guys a call. Tell them Chris sent ya!
Nu-TEL Contact Info
12 Daniel Rd East, 3rd Floor
Fairfield, NJ 07004
24/7 Tech Support (973) 227-9664 option 3
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lol well as you can see from my title I have some mixed feelings about the Surface RT.
I am sure I will miss a lot of good things about the RT, but here are the reasons I wanted it and why I am returning.
First my Overall Review of the Surface RT
- I have to say it is a pretty nice piece of equipment. The slate color is really cool, but look out for fingerprints all over it. The stand and the magnetic click noise is pretty sweet too. After seeing the commercials I had to make my own symphony of clicks… which my wife told me to stop doing later I really think the surface does not know if it is a Tablet or a PC. I know its Windows 8 and supposed to offer both, I just felt like it wouldn’t commit to what it wants to be. Maybe it is not supposed to. The performance was OK. Compared to my ipad “first gen” it was more sluggish. There were many times I opened a program and it would take 5-10 seconds to load. Not huge deal, but not what I am used too. I think it has a lot of room to grow, but Microsoft better get working on it!
Surface Type Pad
- First I really liked the type pad. I saw the type pad and said this would really be great for getting some real email type work done. I have an ipad, but I never do any real emails on it. I know there are 3rd party keyboards for iPad, but I liked what the surface had to offer.
- With that said the type pad worked really well. I cannot complain about it. It even had a mouse pad to use as well.
Surface RT Stylus
- I saw a video where the guy was writing on the Surface with a stylus and it looked great. Even had the magnetic attachment to stick to the surface awesome. I guess I should have researched a bit more. It did not come with a Stylus and I cannot find the one in the video. Supposedly this is coming out with the Surface Pro.
- I am the type of person who likes to write in notebooks, but I always lose them and its nice to have a digital backup. That is why I would have loved this thing for jotting down notes and ideas etc… Microsoft support could not even recommend a stylus for the Surface lol.
- This was prob the biggest turn off to me! It is horrible!! It was like going back 8 years. I mean how can you not make a good email layout that will actually function. I did not even want to look at email. I figured there might be a gmail app, but there are none.
Lack of Apps for Surface RT
- I know its new and there will be more, but there were really no apps I found interesting.
Final thoughts on the Surface RT
- Like I said I have an iPad. I love my iPad, but for me my ipad is really just for surfing the web checking email and playing some apps. I wanted the Surface to be a bit more of a work horse while I travel. Writing emails, taking notes etc…. I think I will wait till the Surface Pro comes out and see what they have figured out by then. Oh also support is clueless. I called and it took them five minutes to investigate the stylus then tell me they don’t recommend any as of now. I would wait till the pro comes out and some more apps. Save your hard earned money. On the lighter side it was pretty cool to play with, but you will def need to spend a few hours just messing around and getting used to it.
How to Factory Reset Microsoft Surface RT
To reset your Surface without logging in, please try the following:
1. Attach your Touch Cover / Type Cover
2. Power on your Surface
3. Press and hold the Left Shift key at the Login screen
4. Press the Power icon
5. Press Restart
Your surface should boot to a light blue screen with some options on it.
1. Click on Troubleshoot
2. Click on Reset your PC
3. Follow the prompts.
Took about 45 minutes to do the reset as well. Even the iPad resets faster then that!!
With wireless power becoming more and more popular it is no surprise that the QI Standard has been adopted by the wireless power consortium.
I thought that this was some far fetched idea, but then I remembered how my toothbrush is actually using this technology. Duh it has been sitting right in front of me for the last 3 years and has been wireless charging. How cool is that!
As of now there are only a few devices that work with wireless charging and energizer is a big player in the industry. You still have to equip your phone with extra pieces that will charge the device from the power of a power pad. With the new QI Standard more devices should start coming out with built in ways to pull power from a power pad or other charging device which is pretty cool.
How great would it be to just come home drop your phone on a counter and have it charge. I cannot wait. In fact I have been reading that in the futre homes will be built with this technology in the walls and even lamps, tvs etc… will be powered wireless. What a day that will be.
Is there a danger to wireless power? They say there is not and there is a lot of wireless signals buzzing around our heads as we speak, so until the day comes we will just have to wait.
What do you think about wireless power. If you could charge anything wireless what would it be?
To see some other cool products already using wireless power check out
So is there such a thing as a iPhone 30-pin to 19-pin adapter? Well it would seem there is going to have to be one in October when the iPhone 5 comes out. Supposedly they are shrinking the wide dock connector to make room for the headphone jack on the bottom of the phone.
So what is the big deal? Well the deal is the 100′s of dollars I have spent on accessories over the years from my speaker doc, to my car charger, extra charger as well as a few other misc things I use my iPhone with.
I am all about change, but maybe they can give an extra cord or two away with the new phones? Eh we know they will just roll in extra costs to pay for that as well lol.
What can ya do! I still love my iPhone and cannot wait for the iphone 5 to come out.
Guess we will have to wait for an iPhone Dock Adapter as well!
Ha you know I am right. A mans toy is his TV these days. Last year I was all about getting a new tv. I had a Mitsubishi rear projection tv that had served me well for about 7 years. It was a 48 inch TV and still worked.
When I wanted to start looking I was look at Samsung LED Tv’s which I honestly think have the best picture around.
I headed to Best Buy and they had a great 55 Inch Samsung for about $1400 which was a steal! Did I buy it? No, because the store guy was saying it might go for less on Monday morning. Well I missed the deal I was pissed. When I went back in to Best Buy the people were being real jerks to me and telling me that TV is gone and the deal will never be back. It really irked me lol. I was ready to buy 1 big tv, a sound system, a new bluray player, all the cables, and a smaller tv for my bedroom. So I was ready to spend some money.
I said screw Best Buy and headed over to PC Richard where I had bought the old Mitsubishi tv and I knew you could play with the prices a bit.
I was looking for the Samsung’s but they were so expensive. That is when I found a 60 Inch Sharp Aquos Quattron. I was in love with this tv. It had the wireless built in so I did not have spend a separate $100 on a wireless dongle and it has the Aquos which adds the yellow pixel.
The picture was great, it had a web browser which I never use anyway and it had netflix “which pretty much everything does these days” ha in fact I think have about 5 devices that I can watch Netflix on. Anyways I am very happy with my 60 Inch Sharp Aquos. Oh and the price was just under $1600 so not bad. I think you can get them for around 1300 now. You can click here to see some amazon reviews on it. all pretty good!
I am done with Best buy!
Don’t forget about good old system restore!!
You know how many times I have gotten spyware or someone has brought a computer to me with sypware and I start doing my normal scans and what not? Many many times I tell ya.
Always give system restore a shot first. Sometimes I forget about that option. I dunno why, but it has happened.
Yesterday my computer all of a sudden shows me 20 error messages that my c drive is corrupt. For a split second I thought I was screwed then I see this S.M.A.R.T Scan start. Lil punks!
Anyways I started up system restore and it did its’ thing and I was back in business about 30 minutes later. I made sure I updated all my spyware software and ran some scans which found some silly little things, but nothing serious. I still don’t know what kicked that off.
Not much info here, but just a simple reminder to use system restore. It is your friend!
I get asked a lot about my reviews. I try to really use a product before I do a review about it though. I have been emailed a dozen times about Backlink Banzai. It is a really great system and I suggest you check it out. I didn’t have time for a review so check out this one. It is really spot on and explains a lot about how it works. This Backlink Banzai Review was originally posted here http://anyoneusing.com/backlink-banzai-review
This review of Backlink Banzai from AnyoneUsing.com
I have been using Backlink Banzai for just over a month now and I am liking it so far. Straight to the point I have seen an increase in traffic. I started using this on a site that I have not touched in months! It is a highly competitive niche as well. Credit Reports! Stay tuned to this review as I will leave more in the future and let you know how the site does. Before I started I was getting maybe 1 or 2 visits a day. I know very low lol, but now I am doing about 15 a day on average. Now for a site I have not touched or done much with and just used Backlink Banzai that is pretty good. I actually ordered another account, and will most likely be adding a few more very soon.
So How Does Backlink Banzai Work?
First off it is only $67 a month which for what it does is dirt cheap! Basically you get 20 slots to fill for the month. You get 1,000 content links to spread out over those 20 slots. That is the beauty of this and what I am using it for. I am able to take care of all my internal page linkbuilding in one place with Banzai! What else is cool is that they also build 1,000 blog comment links and 1,000 profile links back to content links they built for you so this is a tiered system building backlinks to your back links.
Like I said this is great because it really puts your link building on auto pilot.
How many sites can you promote?
That is the other great thing you can use a slot for any site you like. My first account is dedicated to the Credit Report site and my second account is actually spread out over 4 sites so 5 slots for each site which spreads it out nice and is a nice supplement to my other strategies.
It seems that every morning is when they take action because this is typically when I get ping backs to my site and see that the links are actually being built. The other cool thing is that they are built into uniquely written posts and they use what they call Naturalisation which helps to avoid keyword over optimization which is pretty neat. They give you the option of adjusting 1/3rd (33%), half (50%) or 2/3rds (67%) of your anchor terms. To better understand Ill just use the examples Backlink Banzai gives. “So as an example, if you choose the recommended ‘Replace 2/3rds (67%)’ option, you get…
1/3rd (33%) of anchors using your selection of exact-match keywords, as entered by you in our members area:
i.e. Weight Loss|Rapid Weight Loss|Fast Weight Loss
Then the 2/3rds (67%) of ‘adjusted’ anchors… Which are…
1/3rd (33%) of your anchors using ‘phrase-match’ keywords, (by adding extensions to the exact matches):
i.e Considering Weight Loss|Rapid Weight Loss Examined|Investigating Fast Weight Loss
1/6th (16%) of anchors using root domain URLs:
i.e. weightloss.com (Not the full URL – just the root domain URL.)
1/6th (16%) of anchors using generic terms:
i.e. Click here|Try these out|Check this site out (from many hundreds of variations we have.)”
It really is a sweet system.
How am I using Backlink Banzai?
Basically I am using it a few ways. I am spreading out links to internal pages on my sites and I am using it to build up backlinks to other web2.0 pages I have. So I have a few quality hub pages, ezines, etc… as well as posts on a few of my other sites that link to my promoted site. I used BB to spread links out and build them up as well.
For $67 a month this is a hands off no brainer! Your getting quality links from quality content. Also the owner is very smart and careful which reflects on his network.
Aghhhh ughhh What the !!! Have you felt this way before about “The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed”
That is what happened to one of my users this morning. This has happened in the past and never ended well. I had to actually wipe out the computers and reinstall. Today I found a simple solution to fixing this… well actually two solutions.
First – always make sure you have a local account and know the password. I normally set that up, but for some reason my standard login info was not working so there was nothing I could really do.
Easiest Solution ? -
Basically what you need to do is unplug the network cable from the computer and login to your domain. It should let you right in. Once you are in you are going to need to change from domain to workgroup and change the computer name…. Restart and login locally….. oh yeah if you did not have local user access you will want to create a new local user while you are logged in.
After you restart login as the local user. Go and add the computer back to the domain. Restart and login as the domain user and you should be good to go.
I hope this helps a few of you out there. Lots of garbage and crazy ideas on how to fix this, but this solution has worked great.